Before installing the windshield mount on windshield ensure that protective film from the adhesive side of windshield mount has been peeled off. Please press the windshield mount tightly & push the locking lever up.
Windshield mount stick better when the surface to which they are stuck and the Windshield mount themselves are clean and free from dirt.
Changes in temperature or humidity may gradually make cups lose suction.
To achieve the best suction;
- Clean the window you are applying the Windshield mount to with soap and water. (They won’t adhere well to a dirty surface). De-grease the glass with rubbing alcohol if necessary, (bathroom/window cleaners usually leave a residue). Wipe clean with a soft lint-free cloth.
- If necessary, wash the Windshield mount with warm, soapy water, rinse them off again and pat them dry with a lint-free cloth. (Dirty Windshield mount will not stick as well).
- Make sure both the inside of the Windshield mount and your window are clean and dry before application.
- To enhance suction and help keep the seal tight, a tiny dab of Vaseline or cooking oil may be rubbed on the rim of the cup, or dampen your fingertip with water and lightly moisten the inner rim of the Windshield mount. Moistening helps create a tighter seal. The key is to not get too much moisture... just barely enough to coat the surface.
- Press the center of each Windshield mount all the way down firmly to the glass and keep firm pressure for about fifteen seconds, then gently release the pressure until all the air bubbles inside are released and a vacuum is created to firmly seal the cups to the surface. (What you are doing, and want to do, is to push all of the trapped air between the Windshield mount and window out from behind the Windshield mount). Try not to let the Windshield mount slide, if they slide easily you might have used too much moisture).
- The Windshield mount may need to be “burped” periodically by pressing down on them to remove any air that may have seeped in.